OBMeet Inc. ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://obmeet.com and https://chat.obmeet.com website, the https://obmeet.org community server, the Marketplace, incl. associated OBMeet Apps, OBMeet Chatbot, OBMeet´s Cloud Offering and the OBMeet mobile applications (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Services and the choices you have associated with that data.
Administrators are responsible for user privacy
- There are basically two ways of using OBMeet: self-managed (also known as on-premises deployment) on your own or someone else´s infrastructure OR via our hosted offering. In both cases, the administrator in that instance - or the organization behind the administrator - is the person responsible to ensure privacy of OBMeet users. We aim at helping to provide features in our products and services to make your job easier. We also provide this policy to explain what we do as a "helping hand"/data processor for administrators in case we process personal data of users.
You remain in control of your personal data
We don´t sell your data
- We do not sell your personal data. Our business model is to provide you with a free edition and we charge you for extra services or features according to the plan you choose. What you process within OBMeet is yours and remains yours.
Our community server is for testing and development purposes
- Our community server https://obmeet.org is a testing and development ground for our users to test and analyze new features. We track user activities therein with the trackers described below - including google analytics - to learn how our service is used and to improve our product.
- Service means the https://obmeet.com website, the https://obmeet.org community server, the OBMeet Marketplace, incl. associated OBMeet Apps, OBMeet Chatbot the https://chat.obmeet.com service offering, push notification gateways and the OBMeet mobile applications operated by OBMeet Inc.
- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
- Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you, if you have provided consent to this processing or if we can base this processing on a legitimate interest that is not overridden by your fundamental rights. You may in the future withdraw that consent or object to receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Some Services may allow or require that you register for a personalized account. Account data may include in addition to your account name, authentication information, registration date, contact information, payment information and any other information associated with your account.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service, incl. by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the app version, and the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
As a by product of the usage data within the OBMeet instance, Administrators may choose to share aggregated and therefore anonymous, non-personal data with us to help us learn more about how our product is being used. This setting is described here. The information shared is the same information as is shown on the "info"-page of the administration panel of an instance. E.g. this statistics sharing would transmit the total # of channels, but it would not transmit the actual channel names, and so on, preserving privacy of your workspace. This is completely optional to use and can be activated and deactivated any time.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service (only to allow you to share your location to another user via OBMeet, if it was enabled by the administrator).
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Services at any time, through your device settings.
When you use the Marketplace, you may choose to install Apps provided by OBMeet. These Apps process data from your instance of OBMeet and therefore non personal data, such as software version, amount of users, and similar. Depending on the purpose and your actual usage of the App (e.g. enabling certain features), Personal Data may however be processed. E.g. you enable an integration, which processes your users´ information. The description of the App will make the types of personal data sufficiently clear as well as any potential deviations from this policy.
Content you provide
When you use our Services you may provide content into that service (e.g. upload file, send a message).
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Services.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Distinction of data collection between Self Managed Workspaces and Hosted Workspaces
The following paragraph applies to data processing in OBMeet workspaces and is for clarification purposes only. Self Managed workspaces and workspaces hosted by OBMeet differ in the kind of data we are processing from you, because in case of our hosted offering, all data put into the workspaces is technically processed on our infrastructure.
There is also a difference between registered, self managed workspaces (which consume services from us) and unregistered, self managed workspaces.
See the following table for a general distinction between the data that is processed in each case. Keep in mind that this can differ in individual circumstances, such as cases where apps are installed on unregistered workspaces via workarounds.
Self Managed (not registered)
Self Managed (registered)
yes - to register your workspace via an account (optional)
yes - to register your workspace via an account
yes - as per the service you are consuming via your registration, e.g. push notifications via our gateway
yes - as part of using the hosted workspace on our infrastructure
no - content is not processed, unless it falls under the aforementioned (e.g. the content of a push notification sent via our gateway)
yes - as part of using the hosted workspace on our infrastructure. End-to-end encrypted content is only stored in encrypted form.
Tracking and Cookies
yes - tracking occurs on our end to monitor the consumption of the services you use (Usage Data). We do not track inside the workspace.
yes - tracking occurs to monitor the consumption of the services used.
Use of Personal Data
OBMeet Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Services
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services
- To monitor the usage of our Services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about if you have provided consent to receive this information or the processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights.
We do not process content data beyond the purpose of providing you the service.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
OBMeet Inc. may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes or
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
OBMeet Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Transfer due to Business Transaction
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, OBMeet Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
OBMeet Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of OBMeet Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us. Note however that there is no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage that is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
"Do Not Track" Signals
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. OBMeet Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where OBMeet Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Service Providers and Subprocessors
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We employ the subprocessors to process personal data. The current list of subprocessors can be found here.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Firebase is analytics service provided by Google Inc.
We also encourage you to review the Google's policy for safeguarding your data: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. For more information on what type of information Firebase collects, please visit please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to Other Sites
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's site.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Specific Provisions to our Cloud Offerings
For our Cloud Offerings, we act as a Data Processor for our Customers, who are the Data Controllers of the instances they have licensed and administer. As a user generally, you will be bound by the Data Controller´s policies. For these instances, please direct your data privacy questions to the Data Controller.
With regards to some of our Cloud Products, Customers have certain options to select the processing location of data and to configure the privacy-relevant settings of the instance. If you are the customer of one of these instances, you can contact us and get more information on where your instance is running.
We generally offer:
- Hosting in the European Union (EU)
Other regions may be added over time.
Where required, we also offer to sign Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission to guarantee an adequate level of data protection or other mechanisms relevant for the Customer.
The amount of Personal Data we process with our Cloud Offerings is limited to what the Customer and his users entered into. In the cloud offering, we will not process the personalized cookie or analytics data described above. The purposes of processing the data are strictly limited to providing and improving the Service and in accordance with the Data Controller´s instructions. We never access workspace data (i.e. the actual content the customer is entering in his instance), unless the customer asks us to in form of a support request, we are bound by a valid law enforcement request or to protect our own interests, such as investigating potential abuse of the service.
Once your usage of our cloud offering ceases, we will remove all your data, including backups, after a short grace period - or immediately, if you tell us to.